Are you looking to spending vacation at a special place with your family members?
If the answer is yes, then look no further because below you’ll find some of the most popular vacation ideas that are sure to make your experience memorable.
1. Sun & Sand Vacations
You may want to consider a beautiful beach for enjoying vacation with your family. You can easily search for different package deals on the web or even look for a reputed travel agent who can help you find the right deal for your vacation. A number of airlines as well as resorts offer special discounts in the vacation period. If your family loves to play in the sand and surf, then a visit to the coast might be in order.
2. Cruise Vacations
Many discounts are offered on cruises going to various destination. Although cruises can get expensive with drink packages and excursions, it pays to have a central location with lots of activities for everyone. In case you want your whole family to join you on a cruise tour, you might even receive a group discount.
3. Snowy Vacations
If you are not a beach bum, you can consider a ski adventure to a snowy resort. There’s hardly anything more exciting and pleasurable than a guaranteed snowfall and learning to ski. Often times, you will be able to book holidays with such establishments at a reasonable rate if you plan early. Majority of lodges or cabins are large enough to accommodate huge groups of travelers. Enjoy the warmth of a crackling fire late at night or skiing the slopes. One more great alternative with a ski lodge is all the things are already beautiful & well set; hence the only thing you’ve to bring is plenty of family enthusiasm.
4. Historical and Educational Vacations
You can certainly spend your vacation opting for a trip back in the old time by visiting historical or educational sites. Lease a rustic cabin back into the woods to learn about nature. You could visit great historic cities including New Orleans or Philadelphia to mix history and education. These types of vacations allow everyone in the family to find their perfect adventure, but take some extra planning to make sure everything happens in a timely manner.
At the end of the day, it’s less about money and more about how much you enjoy being with your family and loved ones. Most families are only able to travel once throughout the entire year, so making the most of your family vacation requires consider the personalities of all involved.
Traveling, especially international traveling, involves a lot of planning as well as preparation. Starting from the luggage to medications, documents and clothes; all the things needs to be managed wisely because even a slightest of negligence could get you in a lot of trouble.
Below are some of the best travel tips to ensure your journey is the happy, pleasant vacation of your dreams:
1. Grab every single piece of info about your travel location
Before traveling internationally, it is crucial that you have some info about the place you’re about to visit. Some of things you should know include info about the local language, transportation facilities, hotels, currency, and food. Doing a little bit of research about these things can certainly help you assess the surrounding and make your travel a lot more enjoyable.
2. Create a checklist of all the essential docs
International travel involves dealing with plenty of docs, like Visa, Passport, medical certification, birth certificates, and travel insurance. All these docs form a very critical segment of your journey. Before you start planning your last step, ensure that you’ve taken all the documents with you and they are organized as per the current requirements.
3. Prioritize your health more than anything else
Being fit and healthy does not always equal feeling well. A proper medical check-up is suggested before before you leave for any such trip. This will allow your physician to have the most up-to-date information if needed during your travels. Always check countries you will visit to make sure of limitations to transporting medications.
4. Travel reservations
After deciding about your travel location and booking an airline ticket, it becomes fairly easy to make reservations for your trip. You could reserve your travel ticket via telephone, the ticket office of an airline company, travel agent, or even on the web. If you are on a budget, then you are better off making your reservation during an off season. During this period, the travel fairs get quite low and budget friendly.
Luggage is a big deal because it needs to suit all of your needs and protects all of your things during the trip. Make sure you go through the baggage guidelines of the airline company since you may be charged for additional stuff. As well, many countries have customs limitations on the types of materials you can carry into their country.
6. Secure your valuables
It is best to hide your valuables and segment your cash such that it’s stored in multiple places. There are individuals who prefer to carry only the required amount of cash and leave the rest inside the safety locker of their hotel. Make sure that your smartphones, camera, and tablets stay close to you all the time. If possible, you may want to take snapshots of all the valuables in your possession as you travel just in case you’re required to make an insurance claim.
7. Watch out your travel expenses
You should keep note of all travel expenses since your expedition primarily depends upon your expenditures. Split your travel budget and create a list of things for prioritizing your expenditures. In addition, get your credit and debit cards verified from your bank in order to avoid any unusual circumstances. With the new fraud systems, credit card and banks may freeze your spending ability if they don't know you are traveling. Always tell them ahead of time to keep your cash flow and monitor any real fraud charges.
8. Group travel
Group travels to the places that are unfamiliar to you can minimize risk and exposure. Be alert in crowded area to identify any suspicious activity. Bags should have powerful straps and wallets should be in zippered or buttoned pockets in order to minimize the odds of pick-pocketing.
9. GPS, Maps can help you a lot
When exploring an unknown destination, you’re likely to visit sites which you have never seen before. If you carry maps and other brochures associated with the travel, then it can surely assist you in saving yourself from getting lost on a random road. Furthermore, you have an option to use the GPS system of your smartphone device. A GPS system can guide you towards the right locations with minimum detour.
International travel can take some extra planning, but it gives you the opportunity to become a citizen of the world. These tips can help you avoid trouble and make the most of your adventure.
Founded in the year 1718, New Orleans is among the oldest towns in the United States. Despite the fact that the city was hugely devastated by Hurricane Katrina during 2005, it continuous to attract tourists & stays as the biggest city in the state of Louisiana.
The city of New Orleans is well-known for a variety of attributes such as its prominent Creole food, various styles of music, abundant alcohol, nearby plantations and swamps, different structures built during the 18th and the 19th century, exhibition halls, and antiques. Despite the reputation of an adult oriented place, New Orleans has plenty to offer for those traveling with their families who want to explore the city’s art & culture.
Top Destinations to Visit in New Orleans:
1. Natchez Steamboat - The Natchez Steamboat provides cruise services on the Mississippi River to see & get more info of the city. Travelers can pick from Jazz Harbor Cruise service or Jazz Dinner Cruise service. The harbor trips take 2 hours & offer narration on the tourist places. The dinner cruise service offers a buffet style dinner, a live jazz band for entertainment, and obviously, the incredible sights of New Orleans. Also, special event cruises can also be made available for occasions like The Easter Day, Mother's Day, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and other public holidays.
2. Bourbon Street - Bourbon Street is very popular tourist attractions in New Orleans among tourists. Situated in the French Quarter, Bourbon Street is recognized for hot jazz sites, all types of entertainment choices, and restaurants. In the day time, the place is rather quiet; however during the night, it’s very busy and full of energy. During Mardi Gras, the entire street along with all the galleries of the buildings get packed with people who come to enjoy the festive season. Bourbon Street has a great historical significance as home to the popular Preservation Hall & the Old Absinthe House.
3. St. Louis Cemetery - Created in the year 1789, the commentary is among the oldest cemeteries in New Orleans. The Cemetery tours of New Orleans are offered by a variety of groups. The famed voodoo Priestess Marie Laveau's tomb exploring the realities and myths of the voodoo phenomenon in New Orleans. The tour led by Save Our Cemeteries is quite popular among travelers.
4. Oak Alley Plantation - Established in the early 1800’s, Oak Alley Plantation prospered as a sugar cane farm employing quite a few individuals. The area had a number of owners who together helped produce a beautiful place over the years. The history of Oak Alley Plantation is rich, and prosperous with a number of stories. In order to best enjoy the Oak Alley Plantation, you must visit the place in the early hours before it gets hot. Also, you will need a minimum of a couple of hours in order to enjoy the place to its fullest. It is highly suggested that you make a trip to this incredible place while enjoying your holidays in New Orleans.
5. French Quarter - French Quarter which is also recognized as Vieux Carre stretches along a semicircular bend on Mississippi. This is also one of the oldest, most visited, & most traveled part of New Orleans. The influence of French is especially visible in the constructions, a few of them almost one hundred to three hundred years old, with their wrought iron terraces, red tiled rooftops, attractive fountain decked patios & arcades The black people who settled here, together with the old established Creole residents, formed jazz during the nineteenth century.
Today, the region of New Orleans has plenty of jazz spots with various type of entertainment, famous restaurants, souvenir stores, old hotels, cheerful cafes, and galleries all renovated to further help the tourism industry. A number of companies provide organized pub crawl trips that can help you save some cash.
The people are ready to take virtually any event as an excuse for a party with a live music and a parade. In fact, majority of the events organized in the city seem to have an essence of Mardi Gras.
It is often said that New Zealand is the land of beautiful landscapes and amazing attractions. Seldom seen in other areas, the features of New Zealand can make you feel connected and remote all at the same time.
While New Zealand has become a hot-spot for the filming industry due to its glorious backdrops and mysterious culture, there are many places to visit in New Zealand that touch the history and flavor right off the beaten trail.
Here are some great places to visit in New Zealand:
New York City is among the most crowded places across the United States. New York City covers of a huge landmass of almost 305 square miles all teaming with people trying to get somewhere quickly. With a huge population of almost 8.2M residents in that small 305 mile square radius, it would seem like getting around New York might be a challenge, but the subway system, taxis, and buses are always at hand.
Here are eight places to add to your bucket list to really make your trip to New York City complete:
1. Empire State Building - Stretching to almost 381 meters height, this is the tallest structure you will find in the New York City. The Empire State Building was being victimized by the terrorists on Sep 11, 2001. After some time, it was able to regain its glory & became the tallest structure in the city. This building is a home to almost 1000 offices that has 21,000 individuals working under a single roof. The Empire State Building has been featured in a number of Hollywood blockbusters where it was shown from the top to the bottom.
2. Statue of Liberty - No travel to the New York City is done without visiting the famous “Statue of Liberty”. Not only is it among the most astonishing statues in the world, but it is also an amazing icon of the NYC. The Statue of Liberty was gifted by the French to the American citizens. It was built in France & then transported here, once it was built. The statue which is 46 meters high was made open to the public in Nov 1886.
3. Central Park - The Central Park in the New York City is a great place to visit if you wish to get closer to the Mother Nature & want some time off from the hectic day to day life. The central park consist of different lakes with a variety of sporting facilities. The park also surrounds a few of the historic structures of the New York City such as the Metropolitan Museum. Besides, this park also features strawberry fields that were created in the memories of John Lennon.
4. Ellis Island - Situated just besides the Statue of Liberty, the Ellis Island was the point of entrance of a few new Americans in 1892. Almost twelve million migrants entered the American premises in this time period via the immigration station. Presently, this place receives millions of visits each single month.
5. Times Square - The intersection of the Seventh Avenue & the Broadway is the primary reason which makes New York City a wonderland. You cannot escape from the urban air which flows across Madame Tussauds, the Bull Street, The Ride and AMC Movie Theater, etc. Each sight; every smell and each sound found at the Times Square is likely to be a feast for your soul and senses.
6. The 9/11 Memorial and Museum - The monument is situated at the site of the World Trade Center, the previous place of the Twin Towers that suffered a destruction in Sep 11 terrorist attacks. The museum is run by a nonprofit organization lead by Joe Daniels. This is among the must see places in the New York City
7. Brooklyn Bridge - The Brooklyn Bridge links Brooklyn to Manhattan. It was designated a national historic landmark during the year 1964 is among the most renowned bridges in the United States and also among the popular tourist attractions in the New York. Possibly, the most noticeable features of this bridge are the big towers which links a network of cables. The superb Gothic arches stretch tall over the heavy flow of traffic. With the thrilling views of the river, the strong construction of the Bridge, and the downtown Manhattan, you won’t want to miss out on this delightful opportunity.
8. Guggenheim Museum - Among the 20th century's most significant architectural landmarks, this iconic gallery was a design of Frank Lloyd Wright. It was built in the year 1959. Wright had to spend fifteen years designing this building & abandoned 700 sketches with 6 sets of working drawings during the whole process. In short, this is a stunning piece of art which is a must visit place in the New York City.
New York City has something on offering to each visitor who travels to this exciting place in the United States. You can also try out a virtual helicopter trip for enjoying the amazing view of the New York skyline. The New York City offers a number of activities to the tourists keeping then engaged all the time.
Travel to India and you are sure to enjoy a trip of a lifetime. With more than 1 Billion people divided into 2000 ethnic groups & 200 distinct languages, India is also the 7th largest country in the world. The country has a virtually endless diversity of cultures, memorials places and landscapes to explore.
Below are some of the most popular tourist attractions in India:
Traveling to India is a once in a lifetime experience of new cultures, people, places, and food. Starting from the ancient ruins, intriguing religious constructions, diverse landscape and exotic cities, you can find a never ending collection of travel destinations in India which will never stop fascinating the traveler.
London is one of the most diverse cities in the whole world. The city is home to hundreds of cultures. Every year, millions of people visit London, some for business while others for pleasure. Whichever the case may be, one cannot leave London without enjoying its beautiful sights. Those on their own tourism agenda are usually aware of dozens of the city’s tourist spots. But those on short business trip often lose chance to see beauty of this city due to lack of knowledge about its tourist spots. For example, everyone knows to see the beauty of mesmerizing London Bridge, but other important places are usually missed.
Here are five places which must be in your travel bucket list when visiting London in order to have a best travel experience:
While London has a vast array of iconic sights for tourists from every continent, there are a few sights which provide the true London experience. Whether grabbing a quick selfie or postcard to staying to tour these great London sights, these are a few of the best traveled areas in the United Kingdom.
Ready to start your free bucket list and connect with others of the Bucket List Generation?
Kiss Someday Goodbye...click here to start now...
Sea Lions of Children's Pool
Originally conceived as a protected swimming area for children, the sea-walled cove began to fill with sand and eventually, sea lions and harbor seals. There is still ongoing debate over who is more entitled to this spot—children or the seals, but it does not diminish its appeal to tourists and locals. It is an easy walk from local eateries and full of pretty flowers. Well worth the time.
The area can be surprisingly peaceful and serene. It's a great place to take a photo while walking along the seawall for gorgeous 360-degree views of La Jolla, and the Pacific ocean.
Here is a short video of the Sea Lions at the La Jolla Children's Pool:
How many times have you heard someone say, "that's on my bucket list?"
A bucket list can be a powerful tool to remind you of goals and encourage progress as well as keep you on-track.
A bucket lists might be categorized by:
No matter how you categorize your bucket list, there are a few things you should include like:
Start off by brainstorming all of the places or things you would like to do in the next year, five years, and ten years. Getting your bucket list recorded and starting to plan will take on a life of its own.
Welcome to the Bucket List Generation.....